Saturday, July 21, 2007

Not another B School ranting

Now that every one of my batch mates have started writing about their first few encounters with the rigours of B School life. I think that it was time even I started penning down my thoughts.
From today I want to start two things which I had left doing since many days, writing blogs and going to the gym.
Now that would sound a little odd to many people who belong to that genre who have been intimated of the rigours B school hardships, and I myself am not sure whether I would be able to continue with both for long. And unfortunately I am sure that it would be my gym regime which would stands to be a looser after a few days.
Here in XLRI, its too difficult and sometimes impossible to maintain a good fitness regime. Discounting the amount of potatoes which is served in the mess and the amount of ghee soaking the rotis served in the mess, the major difficulty one faces is to chalk out a plan to make it successful.
The major problem undoubtedly is the number of assignments and the number of classes we have to attend daily ranging from 8:30 in the morning to 9:15 in the evening. Although we have a 4 hours gap in the afternoon but that time is invariably spent on catching the lost sleeps over the previous nights. For example it has been 3 weeks since i had been sleeping at 3:30 to 4.00 in the morning and waking up at 7:30 and then gather myself to attend the classes at 8:30. Back then in IIT it would have much easier to do so, as in most courses we could enjoy the cushions of proxies and the professors over there invariably did not appreciate the logic of making people attend classes forcefully. Plus it was much easier to sleep in the classes back then with the huge lecture halls, but a place where the professors know your names by the 3rd or the 4th week things get a little more nasty. Any ways even if I cut down in the amount of the hours of sleep in the evening, i would have to restrain myself to succumb to the temptation of the evening snacks and the cup of tea. Now that is something which is very difficult to stay away from since I am a complete tea addict and even as I am writing this I am longing for a cup of strong tea.
Well to all those who were expecting a little more vivid of ranting of the b school life, well what did complains ever achieve, plus I have a economics paper next week and I have multitudes of chapters to do justice to.

1 comment:

naween said...

with all the ranting that goes about b-skools, there ought be at least some people who'll write about more staid matters [:)]!!