Friday, October 16, 2009

Disjointed analysis

2009 is a special year. I have written 48 posts in my blog till now. The last year I wrote so many posts was 2007 when I wrote 11 posts. I pondered yesterday night after counting the stats of my blog that what could be the possible reason for such unusual pattern of blogging. Gussao mat dude, I am your regular B school pass out who tries to dissect all kinds of data left, right and centre to find out if we could decipher some meanings out of it. These MBA types’ ostentatious ( wow finally I found a context for using the bhari bharmak word ) dudes I would tell you would try to dissect even the number of cups of chais people at office gulp and then try to co-relate how it is leading to lowering of productivity in office & what not. (Which might not be incorrect if you see: P?)
So if I tabulate the number of blog posts I wrote corresponding the number of years, the data points would follow as below : -
2005: 1
2006: 3
2007: 11
2008: 6
2009: 48
So if you look at it an overall golden collection of 69 posts. And I have been I am old at blogging too. I have completed 5 long years; it’s so long that you have changed two colleges, worked at 3 jobs, switched home 5 times and have stayed with 14 flat mates. Actually it is 13 flat mates and 1 mom of a flat mate who stayed with us from January to November to hand-hold his 27 year old man-kid to bell the ugly CAT .The mean is 13.8 to be précis and aptly so since there are so many crappy posts that they do not deserve to be counted as 1
Now you might would look at this data carefully and try to excavate out various kinds of hidden meanings but my all those data analysis courses teach me that look at data with a human touch and do not look at data as mere collection of random numbers. I mean why I posted so much in year 200X and not so much in 200y
2005: Well back then it was the obligatory thing to do introduced to me by my roomie at IIT who being a thorough computer geek (back then sometimes we called them compu studs – what arbitapa) warned me that this is the next big thing in the internet world. I believed him completely and fearing that I would be left behind in this big bad web world had to post my obligatory introduction post. Doing my bit I happily stayed away from blogging for the rest of the year
2006: Well, well an happening year. I wrote 3 posts. It was the year I fortunately broke up (God bless) and probably I thought that I would make my blog my personal diary and pen whatever thought comes to the Devdas. Surprisingly all my thoughts of the year got captured in 3 cumulative posts. Did somebody say that I lead pretty uninteresting life?
2007: The big leap. I think this might be a year when my blog took the big blog. 11 posts whew. My blog might have undergone the same feeling which Rahul Dravid might have felt after having hit a six for first time in his life. It was a year when I joined an unfortunate B school and you would wonder that I would have plenty of time in my hand (Any wannabe B schooler stop and don’t read believe in this post – B school life is tough and get prepared for it:P) This was also the year which reconnected me to movies and worse introduced me to an evil sport called badminton. Alas, I could not continue my writing form much the next year
2008: Well placements, recession, stress, CFA ( if you have not got the meaning they are all disguises of laziness )
2009: Yes I am back. And back with a bang. And it’s not just bang. Its bang bang bang every other day. And sincerely hope I find more interesting thing to write about (you might have realized by this post how difficult it is to conjure matters to write from a sedentary (I hope I am using the bhari bharkams correctly) life I lead: P.
BTW If you are more mathematically/statistically oriented the standard deviation is 19.48, the geometric mean is 6.24 and harmonic mean is 3.10. Figure out what meaning you can find and throw at my face.

3 comments:

janus said...

meaning is, tu vella ho gaya hai :P

jab se job me gaya hai, totally jobless :P

What's in a name ? said...

I beg to differ, I make my honest attempt to always look serious

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks