Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fitting into Pokiri



Finally after an exile of 10 days from theatres I caught the newly released Sallu special ' Wanted'. I had been restless throughout my two days stay at my sister's place waiting to come over to Gurgaon to catch the movie. Actually I must admit it, having stayed away from home for 8 years now; I can safely proclaim that I have turned out to be a total misfit in surrounding which have even an inkling of semblance to convivial family environments. Of course you have the advantages of relishing home cooked food, but isin't home cooked food an over rated term any way.


But more of that later, lets come back to 'Wanted'


I had seen the English name alike of 'Wanted' released in 2008. That movie had very little sense apart from bullet traversing curved paths, lot of gory blood shot scenes and plenty of mindless action. All you sane people would have started raising eyebrows now of the quality of the movie, but somehow I could not resist myself from loving the movie


It is infact one of those movies you would watch when your mid terms or end terms are going on – to pump up yourself to study before some boring examinations. Roomie and I had seen plenty of such movies at the wee hours before an important paper.


Sallu Bhai's wanted is one movie of similar genre. This movie is of course copied ( sorry remake ) from 'Pokiri' of Mahesh Babu fame. The super hit Telugu version had created such havoc among the minds of the auto drivers in Hyderabad that it's songs blared at full volumes in almost all autos. In the beginning, when I was new to Hyderabad, I would on such occasions request the auto drivers to lower the volume, to which I would get such furious glances from the ravanas that my meek self would shiver with fear. Of course the auto drivers would put 100% attempt on his part to make myself further uncomfortable by refusing to give change for auto fares even though he could have filled a piggy bank with his changes. But as much as I tried to resist infusion of the pokiri spirit in me, slowly and steadily the fire caught me. People would still remember the pokiri shirt phenomena which had caught aftermath the cult movie in AP. And I must admit it , even I was tempted to fit into one of those shirt several times. It is then that I was informed by some tabloid that the remake of that would be made in Hindi. I had waited with lofty expectation ever since, and too be honest Sallu bhai did not let me down. The movie is a out-and-out paisa vasool . the numerous whistles I heard in advanced multiplex bear testimony to that part ( obviously you have to spare that the audience was dominated by the young Jats of Haryana on whom Deol family thrived. ). Apart from chest heavy Ayesha Takia to let you down slightly ( this movie should have definitely been made with Illeana ) , the movie is a must watch for all those people who still rely and have faith on mindless action to spur them. Move away Rajiv Masands and Taran Adarshs fo the world , and let only the brawn spirit guide you- go and watch this movie this week. And I must also thank Salman for enacting the movie – for any sane actor would turn all wobbly making a choice for the movie.


It's a clear bet than Dil Bole Hadippa any ways





No comments: