Thursday, September 03, 2009

Tongue twisters

One of my friend Bharat updated his status in Facebook “ is tired of reading his name Bharath “. Of course you will only get no prize for guessing it correct that the unfortunate soul is spending his first few salaries in a ‘metro’ called Chennai. Now if try to do an analogy on myself, my name has been miss-spelt by one and all from all parts of the country

Hyderabadis would spell me

Midun Pande , Midhun Pandae , Mitun Panday

Mumbaikars would spell me

Mithun Pande definitely and this included my ex GF for a long period of time until I asked her to either dump me, ask to get dumped or spell me properly. But they of course have their excuses of being lived their whole lives with the Deshpandes of the worlds.

Bongs would pronounce me

मिठुन and I would remind them each time that it is मिथुन . Unfortunately they would all agree with me, nod their heads , swear to pronounce it right next time and pronounce मिठुन next time around

Punjabis from Punjab would definitely pronounce me पान –दे.

Observing all these and with my name being no tongue twister I wonder how they would spell/ pronounce Czechoslovakia.

No comments: