Thursday, September 17, 2009

Unk- Unk


Hello,


Today I was trying to search another friend of mine of your name. You name came in the search result in the first page. The boy friend you made in the training period was a mutual friend so probably your name appeared as the top few of the search result. The curious I started exploring your scrap book. In those days scrap books were accessible to all and the lock feature did not come to foray. I felt warm at heart reading the scraps of your friends who had written to you regularly despite knowing that you did not use Orkut anymore. I am feeling bad that I am not able to recollect your face clearly today. You should have uploaded a snap of yours.
From day 1, I dint like your mannerisms, your way of wearing the scarf, your idiosyncratic ways. You perhaps did not like my boorish ways or my diffident ways of interacting with you.All throughout those two month of 2005 you and I tried best to ignore each other's presence in the training room.

I remember being stuck in lunch table with you. It was uncomfortable, the time span seemed eternal. I would stealthily raise my eyebrows to find out if you were looking at me or expected me to start a conversation. I am sure you were doing the same.

Finally those two months ended. I came for my stint at Hyderabad and you were left back at Mumbai. I am sure my name might have never flashed through your mind as soon as I left Mumbai. I too forgot about you until the day I heard about the fateful accident you had while driving to Shirdi with your family. We got your news later that you have entered Coma and were in vegetable state. Our mutual colleagues would discuss about you, naturally shocked a few days after the accident. Rumors started floating that your brother wanted the ventilator to be taken off you as he was unable to tolerate your lifeless state. But as it often happens the rumors too subsided in a few days and our selfish selves soon got busy in our little lives.

I remember it was March 2006; we came to know that you passed away. We made ourselves believe that it was perhaps the best thing which could happen to you after the accident.

You might be wondering how I came to remembering you today and write a whole blog post for you again?

Before you met that accident you had made an Orkut profile. Those were the days; the Orkut phenomenon was actually taking off in the country. Of course we both did not exist in each other's friend list. We remained the unk-unk to each other.

Regards,


Mithun

No comments: